I hope you had a great weekend. I loved the rain on Saturday (it’s my favorite weather!) but was happy to see the sun back on Sunday for the school BBQ!
I’ve enjoyed getting to know your children over the past weeks and am getting a sense of the schedule and activities that will work best for our class. In just a few short weeks the children seem more comfortable at school and are getting a sense of the routine and activities available. They have made new friends and all have their favorite area to play and explore! As a reminder, the roster is available on the school website if you would like to set up play dates with other families from the class.
Sometimes our free choice time can seem long to us as adults, but it is so valuable to the children. At the general meeting next week we will talk more about the value of long, uninterrupted play time and what the children are gaining from it.
This week during circle and small group we will:
- Go on a rainbow scavenger hunt and sort and graph the colors in the rainbow
- Cut out & decorate paper super hero capes for puppets
- Draw a picture of what we want to learn about this year
- Make ooblick using cornstarch and colorful water.
- Sing our 5 Little Monkey song and take turns being Mr. Alligator (they loved this last week!)
- Read What Makes a Rainbow , Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site, and Jump Frog Jump
We will also have our first fire drill this week. Since this is our first one I will explain the procedure to the children and let them know our plan in advance.
I’m looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! As always, please don’t hesitate to email or talk with me after school if you have any questions.